Friends of Greenhill Gardens (FOGG)
The Friends of Greenhill Gardens have made real headway in helping the Parks department to improve the gardens and attain a nationally recognised award since they formed in March 2007.
All the money we raise through donations at events are reinvested in garden projects.
The Friends of Greenhill Gardens is established for the public benefit to:
- Work in partnership with the Council and others as appropriate in the development and management of the Gardens.
- Promote public awareness of, pride in and responsible and positive use and enjoyment of the Gardens by residents and visitors of all ages.
- Act as a consultative group to The Council and other bodies on matters concerning the Gardens.
- With the Council, work towards ‘Green Flag’ status for the garden and to maintain that standard to secure the garden’s long term future. Act as a consultative group to the Council and other bodies on matters concerning the Gardens
- Lobby for the interests of the Gardens
- Help raise funding for the enhancement of the Gardens
- Carry out and encourage others to carry out practical projects to enhance the Gardens
The Arch Project
An impressive waves-shaped arch at the entrance to the Gardens from the Esplanade was opened in April 2019. The Celebration Arch commissioned by the Friends Group honours our longest reigning Monarch.
The Arch has been designed by Tina Walton and constructed by Simon Meiklejohn from Herefordshire.
Please check the clock hut in Greenhill Gardens for the latest FOGG information on working parties and events.
If you’d like to become a member of FOGG, join us for a minimum £1 donation per year per household, by contacting the details below.
Friends of Greenhill Gardens
Name: Friends of Greenhill Gardens
Tel: 01305 782419