Easter photography competition
Take a picture of your favourite place in Weymouth and you could win a £10 gift voucher!
We may not be able to go very far right now, so we want to celebrate how lucky we are to live in Weymouth. We’re inviting children and young people aged between 4 and 16 years to get creative over the Easter holidays and take a photograph of their favourite parts of the town.
- your photos
- entrants name and age
- tell us where the photograph was taken
- contact details, so we can let you know if you’ve won
Contact details won’t be shared with any third-party and we will only use your details to contact you in relation to this competition.
You’ll need to send us your entry before 19 April 2021, there will be 2 categories: 4 to 11 years and 12 to 16 years. Photographs will be judged by our panel and used by Weymouth Town Council for marketing and promotion.
Terms and conditions
By entering the competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- entry is open to Weymouth residents only and if a winner provides a postal address outside of Weymouth the prize will be forfeited, and a new winner chosen at random
- vouchers can only be redeemed in line with the terms and conditions printed on the voucher
- you must have permission to enter the competition from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent
- no cash alternative is available for the prize and it cannot be exchanged
- prizes are not for resale and are not transferable
- 1 winner from each age group will be chosen by the panel of judges on Weymouth Town Council
- if your photograph features any person or people, they should be aware that they are being photographed and permission should be obtained from all involved (or their parent’s/guardian’s permission if under 16) for their photograph to be submitted in the competition.
- the winner will be contacted by Monday 19 April 2021 and will need to respond by Monday 26 April 2021 to claim the prize, otherwise another winner will be chosen
- vouchers will be sent by post to successful entrants, Weymouth Town Council will not be responsible for vouchers which are lost, stolen or damaged during transit
- Weymouth Town Council reserve the right to cancel, amend, terminate or suspend this promotion at any time with no liability to any entrant
- Weymouth Town Council cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
- Weymouth Town Council’s decision in all matters relating to the promotion is final and binding
Copyright and usage rights:
- by entering your images into the competition, you grant permission to Weymouth Town Council to reproduce the images for marketing and promotional purposes.
- you must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all images entered.