Events & Festivals Policy – have your say
Weymouth Town Council is seeking views from the community and key stakeholders on its draft Events & Festivals Policy – a document that sets out why and how the council will support the provision of events and festivals over the coming 5 years. The Policy does not seek to influence events that take place on private property but rather where the event organiser wants to make use council land or venues.
- The new Policy sets out the following vision for the council’s approach to events and festivals:
That by 2025 Weymouth has developed a comprehensive programme of high quality sustainable Community inspired and Tourism based Events and Festivals that cultivates community creativity for maximum economic benefit and social enjoyment throughout the Town.
Do you agree with this vision or would you like to suggest any changes or improvements?
- The Policy states that the council will want to support events and festivals with a particular focus on those that fit with the following four priority themes:
- Health & Wellbeing
- Community Events & Engagement
- Local Heritage & Culture
- Sustainability & Green events
Are these four priorities the right ones for the town council and for the town? If not, what else should the council focus on?
- Is there anything further we can add to The Green Guide (Appendix 1) to encourage event organisers to reduce emissions, cut energy consumption and reduce waste?
- Please let us know if you have any other comments on the Policy and its appendices.
The deadline for responses to this consultation is 21st September 2020 – please send any comments by email to email@example.com or by post to: Weymouth Town Council, Commercial Road, Weymouth, DT4 8NG