Senior Resort Officer
Posted 3 weeks ago
Job Title: Senior Resort Officer
Supervises: Cleansing Team (x4) Catering Team (x1) Temporary staff for beach, cleansing, catering and events
Salary / Grade: £31,099 (SCP 24)
Job Type: 37 hours a week. You will be required to work weekends, evenings and bank holidays.
- To help supervise the council’s Resort Team and its associated budgets and facilities.
- To help ensure the management and maintenance of the town council’s seafront and town centre infrastructure and other public realm assets.
- To lead on and deliver the provision of a successful events programme for the Council.
- To support the Resort Manager in liaising with key internal and external partners on issues such as anti-social behaviour, public realm, commercial opportunities, and tourism development.
Some of the key responsibilities:
- To support the Resort Manager in management and leadership of the Resort team ensuring that there are always efficient staff levels.
- To help ensure that the council plays its part in the conservation of the coastal environment and achieves its environmental aims.
- To help ensure the maintenance and safety of the seafront infrastructure on the Promenade and beach and compliance with relevant legislation.
- To maintain positive relationships with external partners to enhance the public realm on the seafront and across the town centre, with a focus on tackling anti-social behaviour, and with wider responsibility of any street furniture that is the responsibility of the town council.
- To help manage trading services and ensure the secure handling and banking of cash.
During the eight-week summer season (dates to be agreed with Line Manager annually) some weekend working will be expected and the equivalent time can be taken off mid-week.
To apply, please complete the following application:
You can email it to LisaMusleh@weymouthtowncouncil.gov.uk by Friday 7th April at 5pm.