Community Development Worker
Posted 3 weeks ago
Job Title: Community Development Worker
Reporting to: Development Manager
Salary Range: £28,371 (SCP 20)
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time. 37 hours per week
- To responsibly provide support for local voluntary sector organisations and engagement with the community in order to help address community issues, social mobility and relative deprivation.
- The core skills of this post include: community engagement and consultation, volunteer management, group support, bid writing, event management, promotion, and project development.
- To help deliver the council’s corporate objectives and specific strategy for supporting the community and voluntary sector.
- Ensure that the council plays its part in tackling the lack of social mobility and significant deprivation issues in the most disadvantaged areas of the town.
- To deliver a programme of projects and events that deliver the council’s key objectives.
- To work closely with colleagues across the council to create a culture of mutual support and to enable all council services to operate as one team.
Normal work week will be Monday-Friday. Due to the timing of some events weekend and evening work will be expected at times and the equivalent time can be taken off mid week. flexible arrangements, compressed hours or job share will be considered.
To apply, please complete the following application form:
You can email applications to LisaMusleh@weymouthtowncouncil.gov.uk by Wednesday 12th April at 5pm.