Catering Team Leader
Job Title: Catering Team Leader
Supervises: Catering Apprentice
Salary / Grade: £23,194 (12.02 per hour) SCP9
Job Type: 18 month contract
Weymouth Town Council is hiring a Catering Team Leader to manage the day-to-day operation of two catering outlets, The Prom Café located at Weymouth Beach Office and The Beach Café kiosk at Brunswick Terrace. This is a great opportunity to shape the future delivery of the service.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, have commercial flair and able to use their initiative to problem solve. As a Catering Team Leader, your responsibilities will include supervising staff, ordering, and monitoring stock and supplies, managing rotas, training staff, and generating new menu ideas. You will also ensure that the catering outlets are operated in line with the Council’s operating procedures, follow the Council’s health and safety policies, and provide helpful and friendly service to all customers.
- To manage the provision of a cost effective, high quality, customer orientated catering service
Some of the key responsibilities:
- To manage the day-to-day operation of the Council run catering outlets.
- To act as team leader including supervision of staff and daily operations in the absence of the Catering Supervisor. Includes key holder responsibilities for the opening, closing and security of catering outlets at these times.
- Ensuring facilities are operated in line with the Councils operating procedures.
- Support the Resort Manager with budgeting and income maximisation.
- Assisting in the staff recruitment throughout the year.
- Order, monitor and control stock and supplies etc through clearly identified systems.
- Manage all café staff training and welfare.
- Manage rotas, ensuring full staff coverage each day.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 7th June and interviews will take place on Friday 9th June
To apply, please complete the following application and email to LisaMusleh@weymouthtowncouncil.gov.uk